Friday 2 May 2008

Rambling Sid Presley



Listening to Nico's 1967 album ' Chelsea Girl' and the track 'These Days', I was struck by the lyric " I've been out walking..." and later " I've stopped my rambling.." -which seemed to suggest everybody's favourite Teutonic Misery guts and Heroin addict, had actually been a bit of a hiker on the quiet. I can see her now heading out with her 1 : 50 000 scale Ordnance Survey Landranger map, for a romp round Snowdonia with John Cale.
Do they do Kagouls in black?
She did die falling off her bicycle, so perhaps I should revise my opinion.


Rambling Ten(t)

  1. The Manchester Rambler - Ewan MacColl
  2. Walking to New Orleans - Fats Domino
  3. Walk Don't Run - The Ventures
  4. Rambling Robin - Mike Harding ( or Christy Moore )
  5. They Walked in Line - Joy Division
  6. Walk Away Renee - The Left Banke
  7. Midnight Rambler - The Rolling Stones
  8. Walk On By - The Stranglers
  9. Fast Cars - Buzzcocks (" I HATE Fast Cars " )
  10. Sleepwalk - John Cooper Clarke

"This Kendal Mint Cake tastes bloody peculiar..."





4 comments:

David said...

What? No Johhny Cash - I Walk The Line?

David said...

Talking of 60s 'stars', Lindy had lunch with Anita Pallenberg today (on a fillum set). She says she's like a 'wizened old hag', but very pleasant.

Alastair said...

Good choice 'I Walk the Line'-
My god ! whats the film ?
Jurassic Park IV ? Hope that she's enjoying herself.
How are your paintings coming along?

David said...

It's a Stephen Frears film of the Colette book 'Cheri'. Michele Pfieffer's in it, and Kathy Bates.

I'm painting some still lifes now for a change.