Listening to Nico's 1967 album ' Chelsea Girl' and the track 'These Days', I was struck by the lyric " I've been out walking..." and later " I've stopped my rambling.." -which seemed to suggest everybody's favourite Teutonic Misery guts and Heroin addict, had actually been a bit of a hiker on the quiet. I can see her now heading out with her 1 : 50 000 scale Ordnance Survey Landranger map, for a romp round Snowdonia with John Cale.
Do they do Kagouls in black?
She did die falling off her bicycle, so perhaps I should revise my opinion.
- The Manchester Rambler - Ewan MacColl
- Walking to New Orleans - Fats Domino
- Walk Don't Run - The Ventures
- Rambling Robin - Mike Harding ( or Christy Moore )
- They Walked in Line - Joy Division
- Walk Away Renee - The Left Banke
- Midnight Rambler - The Rolling Stones
- Walk On By - The Stranglers
- Fast Cars - Buzzcocks (" I HATE Fast Cars " )
- Sleepwalk - John Cooper Clarke
"This Kendal Mint Cake tastes bloody peculiar..."