Sunday 9 March 2008

Witchfinder General


Only half awake yesterday morning, I heard the newsreader announce : "Last night Lady Thatcher was driven from her home in Belgravia..." happy thoughts of the baying mob, torches blazing, played upon my mind for the rest of the day.

Five Odes to Joy.

  1. Stand Down Margaret - The Beat
  2. Tramp the Dirt Down - Elvis Costello
  3. How Does it Feel ( to be the mother of a thousand dead? ) - Crass
  4. Margaret on the Guillotine - Morrissey
  5. Blue - Fine Young Cannibals
Honourable mention : the last 45 seconds of 'A Country Practice' - Half Man Half Biscuit

4 comments:

David said...

Is she not on her way out yet? I've got some champagne on chill as we speak. PS I have a show this weekend, of my paintings (see here) http://www.galerielepetitchien.com

Dave xxx

Alastair said...

Good luck with the show- at the best gallery in the Pyrenees- unfortunately the iron woman has weekly blood transfusions from kidnapped asylum seekers and will live F O R E V E R!

James Hobbs said...

When Thatcher was ill recently, her condition was described as "stable". That was a first.

Alastair said...

When the television used to show her visiting people in hospital after train accidents or such like, I used to imagine myself beckoning her to come closer to hear my feeble words then making a lurch for her jugular teeth bared...